Washington State has become the second largest wine producing region in the United States after California.
A $2.4 billion dollar enterprise, Washington's wine industry claims 240 wineries. Production has almost doubled in the over the past ten years and Washington wines are sold in all 50 states in in 40 countries.
- National rank: Washington ranks second in the nation for premium wine production.
- Number of wineries - 240+
- Number of growers - 300+
- Total grapevine acreage - 29,000+
- Varieties produced - 15
- Estimated 2002 production - 6 million cases -- 15.5 million gallons
- 2002 Total retail value - $725.4 million
- Economic impact on the state: $2.4 billion
- Wine-related jobs - 11,250